A Theatrical Examination of Madness, Prison and Solitary Confinement
Disorder Contained: A theatrical examination of madness, prison and solitary confinement is a major public engagement activity for the Wellcome Trust funded project Prisoners, Medical Care and Entitlement to Health in England and Ireland 1850-2000. It draws on the work of Associate Professor Catherine Cox (UCD) and Professor Hilary Marland (Warwick) and forms the final part of The Asylum Trilogy exploring various aspects of the history of mental health.
The production, created with Talking Birds and to be performed in Coventry, Dublin, Belfast, and London during 2017, will be accompanied by Expert Panel Discussions as well as Post-show Artistic Conversations which will be recorded along with a performance.
- Coventry from 29 June – 1 July: Book tickets
- Dublin from 12 – 14 July: Book tickets
- Belfast on 15 July: Book tickets
- London from 9 October – 10 October: Details
- Show announcement
- Press release
- Theatre dates and tickets
- Audio flyer
- Reflective blogs (on translating historical research into accessible theatre)
- Disorder Contained: Reading