Warwick Tate Exchange
We are delighted to have three of our public engagement projects feature as part of Warwick’s week at Tate Exchange at Tate Modern, London, in June 2018. The week long takeover, The Production of Truth, Justice and History, explores the nature of truth.
We are told we are in the age of ‘post-truth’. But when has the truth ever been simple? Does everyone agree what is just? Can more than one version of history exist? How do we come to believe any of these notions are stable?
Between 12-17 June, we will be exhibiting both a photographic display from Past Time, our project with Rideout at HMP Hewell exploring the history of food in prison, and our audio installation with Fuel, Lock Her Up exploring female incarceration. Both exhibits are accompanied by a ticketed (free) panel discussion.
We also have a one-off showing a film of our play, Disorder Contained: A theatrical examination of madness, prison and solitary confinement, accompanied by a panel discussion, and both Professor Hilary Marland and Dr Rachel Bennett will be giving Ten Minute Talks on contemporary artworks in relation to their research.
We are delighted to be hosting three Coventry schools at a private showing of Disorder Contained on the Thursday, supported by Warwick Arts Centre’s Creative Learning team.
Warwick Tate Exchange 12-17 June 2018 (open daily 12-6pm)
Free entry, some events are bookable.
- Past Time photographic display 12-17 June. Panel discussion Weds 13 June 4.15-5pm. Book your free ticket here
- Lock Her Up installation 12-17 June. Panel discussion Fri 15 June 12.15-1pm. Book your free ticket here
- Disorder Contained and Panel Discussion Weds 13 June 2.15-3.45pm. Book your free ticket here
- Weds 13 June 1.30pm: Professor Hilary Marland Ten Minute Talk. Tehching Hsieh, One Year Performance 1980-1981. Room 2: Level 3. No booking required, just turn up at the artwork!
- Friday 15 June 130pm: Dr Rachel Bennett Ten Minute Talk.George Condo, L’Amour, Room: George Condo, Level 4 Recent Acquisitions. No booking required, just turn up at the artwork!